ShoppingOn (ShoppingOn virus, Shopping On) is decepitive adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that regularly accesses a computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers as an add-on and extension without user knowledge. Once ShoppingOn has been contracted, the adware will use preset permissions allowing it to locate, observe, collect, and modify browser data and settings.
Potential ShoppingOn malware will collect browsing data, such as all browsing activities, information users submit into online forms (email address, home addresses, names, web searches across any website), bookmarks, and browser history. The collected user browsing data is used to serve targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers, but may also be shared with unknown third-parties for a variety of marketing purposes. Collected browsing data can be used to send email spam, junk mail at home, and more.
ShoppingOn adware is often referred to as the “ShoppingOn virus” even though the program is not technically defined as a computer virus. This is because the adware may share some of the same traits as generic computer virus. ShoppingOn primarily bundles with third-party programs, it can be intrusive by collecting personal data, and it uses deceptive marketing tactics to infiltrate a computer system and affected internet browsers.
How to remove ShoppingOn
This ShoppingOn removal guide will help you completely remove the ShoppingOn virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall ShoppingOn malware, and get rid of ShoppingOn ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall ShoppingOn
- Step 4: Remove ShoppingOn browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing ShoppingOn. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Click the Quarantine All button when the scan is finished in order to isolate and remove the files it detected. You may be asked to reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ShoppingOn using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall ShoppingOn
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for ShoppingOn. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove ShoppingOn browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ShoppingOn extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ShoppingOn add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ShoppingOn add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.