ShopNCompare (Virus Removal Guide)
ShopNCompare (also known as Shop N’ Compare) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the adware category that serves unwanted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by utilizing Windows browser helper objects (BHOs), browser add-ons, and browser extensions.
ShopNCompare has permission to access and gather user information, including browser history, browser tabs, bookmarks, manually submitted information, and more. This information is used to display targeted advertisements to the user and may also be distributed to third-party contractors.
ShopNCompare is associated with third-party malware such as browser hijackers that may corrupt existing internet browser settings, including the homepage, browser tab, browser shortcut, and default search engine. This causes unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites when a user searches the web using the browser address bar or opens a new browser window or browser tab.
How to remove ShopNCompare virus
- Option 1: ShopNCompare Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove ShopNCompare malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro Anti-Malware by SurfRight and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually Remove ShopNCompare – This second option details how to manually uninstall ShopNCompare and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. ShopNCompare Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ShopNCompare and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
The free, trial, or full version of Hitman Pro can be used to remove malicious files, tracking cookies, and other traces of adware, unwanted programs, and severe forms of malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system. If Hitman Pro has selected to quarantine ShopNCompare, select to delete the malicious file using the dropdown list as pictured above.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
The free or full version of CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall ShopNCompare adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ShopNCompare and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for ShopNCompare, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove ShopNCompare
The guide below provides easy steps to manually uninstall ShopNCompare adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software to remove this infection.
How to uninstall ShopNCompare
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for ShopNCompare and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ShopNCompare add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove ShopNCompare add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ShopNCompare extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ShopNCompare add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ShopNCompare add-on and remove it if located.