What is ShieldPlus?
ShieldPlus is a program that claims to protect internet users against cyber threats and web attacks. However, many experts and vendors in the internet security industry have flagged this program due to suspicious behavior. In most cases ShieldPlus is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and found in the adware category of possible malicious computer threats.
Possible ShieldPlus malware may participate in aggressive marketing tactics to infiltrate a computer system without detection and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as browser add-ons, extensions, and helper objects. Once installed, the adware will use the attachments to gather user browsing data and introduce internet users to targeted advertisements based off their browsing habits.
Information collected may include a user’s complete browsing activities on all websites, history, bookmarks, and more. Furthermore, these programs usually come bundled with other unwanted items that can cause different issues and will have permissions set that can allow them to change additional existing internet browser settings. In turn, additional items may cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites such as lasaoren.
If you see Ads by ShieldPlus on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer while surfing the web, it is likely that other unwanted programs and possible malware are also installed.
How to remove ShieldPlus (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ShieldPlus adware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, fix system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall ShieldPlus adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall ShieldPlus
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled ShieldPlus. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove ShieldPlus add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove ShieldPlus attachments from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ShieldPlus extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ShieldPlus add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ShieldPlus add-on and remove it if located.