SharkShopper (SharkShopper virus, Shark Shopper) is adware that generates pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. SharkShopper adware may utilize several versions of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in order to infiltrate computer systems. This means that in order to remove SharkShopper adware is may be necessary to uninstall additional programs and get rid of additional browser add-ons and extensions.
Potential SharkShopper malware is sometimes referred to as the SharkShopper virus, although the adware is not defined as a computer virus. This is because malware analysts and users alike have flagged this adware for deceptive and suspicious behavior. Most notable of submitted behaviors, SharkShopper is known to use deceptive tactics to get onto a computer system and remain hidden.
SharkShopper adware is primarily contracted during the installation and setup process of third-party freeware. Free programs often partake in marketing campaigns in order to monetize their free products. In many cases, third-party developers bundle sponsored products and adware to achieve the highest success. Furthermore, websites such as download.com and other popular online distribution outlets use their own download managers when supplying freeware on their websites. These download managers often contain options to accept or decline offers to install additional objects; However, in many cases the request to decline additional objects is ignored or presented in a complex manner.
How to remove SharkShopper virus
This SharkShopper removal guide will help you completely remove the SharkShopper virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall SharkShopper malware, and get rid of ads by SharkShopper on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SharkShopper
- Step 4: Remove SharkShopper browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SharkShopper. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SharkShopper using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SharkShopper
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SharkShopper. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SharkShopper browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SharkShopper extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SharkShopper add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SharkShopper add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.