How to remove Select-n-Assist (Virus Removal Guide)
This Select-n-Assist removal guide will help you remove the Select-n-Assist virus and uninstall malware from Windows to get rid of search results and ads by Select-n-Assist on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Select-n-Assist is a known potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware. that affects multiple internet browsers. This adware is known to collect a large amount of user browser data and serve pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers once installed. This can also make the internet browsing experience unwelcome for users.
Although this program can cause a variety of unwanted symptoms for computer and internet users, the most apparent symptoms are the pop-up and targeted advertisements this program generates without user consent.
This adware uses browser add-ons, extensions, and helper objects to access and collect user browsing data, such as all activities, bookmarks, and histories, and will use the information to show advertisements relevant to the user’s collected data. User data may also be collected and shared with third-party contractors, marketing lists, and programs, often resulting in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers and suspicious callers.
How to remove Select-n-Assist (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, fix system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Select-n-Assist
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Select-n-Assist. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove Select-n-Assist add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Select-n-Assist extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Select-n-Assist add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Select-n-Assist add-on and remove it if located.