Secure PC Cleaner by Jawego Partners LLC is a very questionable Windows Optimizer program. The program claims to scan for registry errors, system related errors, and other errors. The results will always show a very large amount of errors and claim that the computer is in poor condition. However, the scan results may be misleading and assumed to be designed to frighten unsuspecting computer users into purchasing the full version.
There are many programs identical to this program. Most of them are recognized as unwanted programs, rogue programs, or scareware due to their nature. They will be detected and removed by various Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs. Programs that offer real-time security protection like Malwarebytes may block this program and others from infecting your computer.
Secure PC Cleaner Distribution Methods
This program is usually distributed by third-party download managers, software bundlers, and dubious torrent files. It may be promoted as something it is not or presented as a custom offer with options to accept or decline installation. The program can also be manually downloaded from the company’s website.
Depending on the distribution method used, this program may bundle with or be advertised alongside other unwanted programs, adware, and malware. Additionally, users have complained of unwanted pop-up advertisements in their web browser after this program was installed.
Advertisements that promote Secure PC Cleaner are typically found on media related websites that contain arguably prohibited content such as video streaming websites, torrent websites, and others.
Secure PC Cleaner Details
|Name||Secure PC Cleaner, Secure PC Cleaner virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Secure PC Cleaner is the best registry cleaner and optimizer to improve your PC’s performance by removing all registry errors.
Secure PC Cleaner cleans all invalid registry entries using its advanced scan engine. It keeps the registry streamlined for smoother system performance. You don’t need to have any specialized computer skills to use this handy tool. Its user friendly interface makes it super easy to repair registry errors for basic users.
|Symptoms||Pop-ups in the web browser and Windows desktop
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
Difficult to manually uninstall
Remains present after uninstall procedure
Dishonest marketing tactics
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
How to remove Secure PC Cleaner (Removal Instructions)
This Secure PC Cleaner removal guide will help you completely remove Secure PC Cleaner and other threats from your computer.
- Remove Secure PC Cleaner with Malwarebytes
- Remove Secure PC Cleaner with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Secure PC Cleaner from Windows
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Remove Secure PC Cleaner with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this threat is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Remove Secure PC Cleaner with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this threat is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Secure PC Cleaner from Windows
The third step to remove this threat is to uninstall Secure PC Cleaner and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Secure PC Cleaner Supporting Application in the list and double click it to begin the uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled Secure PC Cleaner Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this threat is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.