How to remove SearchSuggest (Virus Removal Guide)
SearchSuggest (SearchSuggest virus, Search Suggest) is the title of a potentially unwanted program in the browser hijacker category of computer threats and a website “SearchSuggest.co” that is known to cause issues for many internet users. SearchSuggest has been reported to read, collect, and modify user browser settings and information in order to generate pop-up advertisements and cause browser redirects to boggles.co (and other websites), among other unwanted activities.
Potential SearchSuggest malware may pose a threat to many computer users because of marketing tactics the program uses to infiltrate a computer system alongside third-party programs, additional malware, and other threats.
Browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions used to support the SearchSuggest virus (although not technically defined as a computer virus), including the standalone program may have permission to access, collect, control, read, and modify existing Internet browser settings, as well as install additional software.
How to remove SearchSuggest
This SearchSuggest removal guide will help you completely remove SearchSuggest virus and other malware from your computer in order to stop browser redirects to SearchSuggest.co, boggles.co, and other websites. Follow each step below to completely get rid of this infection and repair corrupted settings.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
- Step 4: Remove browser attachments
- Step 5: Remove unwanted search engine
- Step 6: Remove unwanted homepage
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can additionally chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface. This will clean up unnecessary junk that may have been introduced to your computer.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.
Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for unwanted program(s) and double click it or select the program in the list and select the Uninstall button.
Step 4: Remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SearchSuggest extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SearchSuggest add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SearchSuggest add-on, click it, and click the Remove button.
Step 5: Remove unwanted search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the unwanted search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the unwanted search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the unwanted search engine to remove it.
Please note, If an unwanted search engine is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
Step 6: Remove unwanted homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove the unwanted from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove the unwanted from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove the unwanted and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.