How to remove SearchScope (Virus Removal Guide)
SearchScope (SearchScope virus, Search Scope) is a potentially unwanted program in the adware category that is noted for using decepive techniques in order to infiltrate a computer system without direct user knowledge. Once intalled, SearchScope and programs that it may install alongside may have authorization to collect user browsing data used to target internet users with specific advertisements it feels internet users are most likely to click on based off of internet browsing habits.
SearchScope adware and unwanted programs that it may bundle with may have permission to access, collect, and ultimately modify all of an an internet user’s browsing activities, as well as bookmarks, browser history, themes, homepage and start-page settings, as well as the default, managed, or provided search engine of affected internet browsers. In turn, the collected information may be used to generate targeted advertisements and may also be shared with third-parties. Changed browser settings may also introduce internet users to browser redirects to sponsored webpages.
Potential SearchScope malware is often called the “SearchScope virus” by users and malware analysts even though this program is not technically defined as a computer virus or dangerous infection. This is because this particular adware and programs alike it are known to be very destructive, create and modify existing browser and system settings (including system start-up settings), and primarily bundle with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues. In order to remove ads by SearchScope it may be necessary to uninstall third-party programs and remove third-party browser add-ons and extensions that may have arrived with the adware.
How to remove SearchScope
This SearchScope removal guide will help you completely remove SearchScope virus, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), additional malware, and get rid of ads by SearchScope on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SearchScope
- Step 4: Remove SearchScope browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SearchScope. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SearchScope using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SearchScope
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SearchScope. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SearchScope browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SearchScope extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SearchScope add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SearchScope add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.