What is Searches7?
The Searches7 virus (also known as the Searches7.org virus) is a term used to identify a deceptive search engine and potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the browser hijacker category of computer threats. Searches7 changes existing internet browser settings (such as the homepage, start-page, and default search engine) of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in order to cause browser redirects to searches7.org and other webpages.
When an internet browser is affected by potential Searches7 malware, internet users will experience browser redirects to searches7.org, http://searches7.org/search?q=, and other webpages when a user opens a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
There are multiple programs are used to promote the Searches7 Search Engine and cause browser redirects to searches7.org. This means in order to remove searches7.org from your homepage or default search engine and stop all unwanted activities it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions.
How to remove Searches7
This Searches7 removal guide will help you completely remove Searches7 virus, Searches7.org virus, and malware from your computer in order to stop browser redirects to Searches7.org and other websites. Follow each step below to completely get rid of this infection and repair corrupted settings.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for Searches7 malware
- Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
- Step 4: Remove Searches7 browser attachments
- Step 5: Remove Searches7.org search engine
- Step 6: Remove Searches7.org homepage
Step 1: Scan your computer for Searches7 malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.
Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for unwanted program(s) and double click it or select the program in the list and select the Uninstall button.
Step 4: Remove Searches7 browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Searches7 extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Searches7 add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Searches7 add-on, click it, and click the Remove button.
Step 5: Remove Searches7.org search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Searches7.org search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Searches7.org search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Searches7.org search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.searches7.org/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
Step 6: Remove Searches7.org homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Searches7.org.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Searches7.org.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Searches7.org.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.