Search Web Know
Search Web Know virus is an ad serving program similar to Search Quick Know that will attach itself to the users primary web browser after infection. After disguising itself as a browser extension, the Search Web Know virus will begin placing advertisements in the users primary browser.These advertisements are not always safe to click and may lead to malicious websites that will cause greater issues in the affected system.Since Search Web Know is known to allow malicious advertisements, it is important that you begin the steps for removal immediately. The most notable sign that a system has been infected is advertisements in the web browser which contain tags such as”Ads by Search Web Know.”
Search Web Know adware can infect your system through different paths. A common method used by Search Web Know adware is to bundle with a different installation. When downloading a program there is often additional programs that will download with it, especially if the client is disreputable.Some types of programs are more prone to include malicious programs in their download such as freeware, download managers, and torrent files. Another way that Search Web Know adware can infect your computer is through a different malicious program. Once downloaded, the original program will begin downloading Search Web Know to your system in the background without your knowledge. Users may also be tricked into downloading Search Web Know adware under the guise of a web browser extension that will improve functionality. Though the method for infection is relatively unimportant for the removal of Search Web Know adware, it is important that you scan your computer with the correct programs. If other malicious programs have infected your system the problems will continue.
Search Web Know adware was created to post advertisements in a users web browser for financial gain. Unlike other advertisements, Search Web Know will link your computer to malicious sites. Once attached to your primary browser, Search Web Know will begin collecting your browsing data. With this information they can post misleading ads that appeal to your interests. Clicking on a malicious ad or downloading a program from a malicious site could lead to more potentially unwanted programs on your system. Since Search Web Know adware is compatible with major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari most people are susceptible to it. Indicators of infection include but are not limited to decreased browser speed, and advertisements by Search Web Know.
If you notice ads by Search Web Know in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari it is recommended to remove the adware immediately and scan your computer with reputable software to locate additional threats that may have been introduced to your system by Search Web Know. Our test machine was able to locate hundreds of malicious files that were introduced to our machine alongside this adware.
|Name||Search Web Know, Search Web Know virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Search Web Know (Virus Removal Guide)
This Search Web Know removal guide will remove Search Web Know, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Search Web Know and unwanted programs
- Remove Search Web Know extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Search Web Know and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall Search Web Know and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Search Web Know Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Search Web Know Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Search Web Know extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search Web Know extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Search Web Know add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Search Web Know add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Search Web Know extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.