How to remove Search protector (Virus Removal Guide)
Search protector is a browser extension with a description that says “Find all the few cliques with usSearch protector fast and reliable tool that assists in your search for the best possible result for your query.” The Search protector extension will change your homepage, new tab page, and default search engine with a new site such as Searchprotector.net. This causes your internet browser to start on a new website and redirect to a new website when you search the web.
Once the Search protector extension is installed and you search the web, you will be redirected to http://searchprotector.net or one of these websites: https://search.searchfindit.com, http://searchroute-1560352588.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com, http://api.terrificshoper.com, http://www.blpsearch.com. These websites then redirect your search to search.yahoo.com.
While redirecting your browser, your status bar might say “Connecting to http://searchprotector.net/”, “Waiting for http://searchprotector.net/”, or “Transferring from http://searchprotector.net/.”
The Search protector extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, replace the page you see when opening a new tab, read and change your browsing history, manage your downloads, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
One of the biggest concerns with the Search protector extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the Search protector extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays Search protector advertisements, it is likely that your computer has become infected with other threats (such as MyStart Space and Search grab) that should be removed.
Search protector removal steps
The Search protector removal steps on this page will help you remove the Search protector extension, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Search protector extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Search protector add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Search protector add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Search protector extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.