Search New Window (Virus Removal Guide)
SearchNewWindow (Search New Window) is described as a browser hijacker that changes existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. The browser hijacker will also install browser add-ons and extensions that display commercial advertisements and sponsored search results on third-party websites like Google. Once the native program or browser extension is installed your browser will display a new SearchNewWindow webpage instead of your default homepage and cause new tabs to open up on the webpage and others. Internet searches performed in the address bar may also redirect to the website and others, including searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net, search.yahoo.com, and search.bing.com.
When users are affected by SearchNewWindow advertisements in their web browsers they will notice ads and sponsored content that says Search New Window Ads or Related Search by Search New Window.
Search New Window Distribution Method
Search New Window is typically offered as bundled software with third-party freeware and media files. The program will bundle with other programs that are downloaded by the user. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if it is download from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
The browser hijacker is known to be offered as a custom install; However, several reports indicate that the hijacker will automatically install without notice. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Search New Window may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Search New Window Details
|Names||Search New Window, Search New Window virus *This infection is not a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Browser Hijacker|
|Symptoms||Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Search New Window (Virus Removal Guide)
This Search New Window removal guide will help you remove Search New Window, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Search New Window and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Search New Window and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Search New Window Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Search New Window, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.