How to remove SDownloader (Virus Removal Guide)
SDownloader (also referred as SDownloader virus or SpeeDownloader) is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that infects a Microsoft Windows Operating System without user consent or knowledge. The potentially unwanted program can oftentimes be offered as a custom install and users will be given a chance to accept or decline the program from installing; However, the request to decline the program from installing will be ignored or presented in a confusing manner and the program will install anyways (against user consent).
Once SDownloader is installed it will generate advertisements while you browse the web. It will also automatically launch your default browser onto a full-page advertisement or third-party website. The program will run a process named SpeeDownloader.exe that will use a considerable amount of system resources. It will also create and enable a new task in Windows Task Manager to run every time Windows starts.
SDownloader is advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. This means that if you found SDownloader installed on your computer it is likely that your computer is infected with other malicious programs and files that should be removed to secure your safety.
According to Google’s VirusTotal.com website, the executable file used to install SDownloader is detected as adware, a potentially unwanted program, a suspicious program, and Trojan downloader reputable Antivirus programs.
You can manually uninstall SDownloader via Windows Control Panel, but this won’t remove the programs files or other threats that download with it.
Follow the SDownloader removal instructions on this page to completely remove SDownloader virus, adware, and malware from your computer.
1. Uninstall SDownloader from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section of the Control Panel select Uninstall a program.
3. Find SDownloader in the list of installed programs and double click it to begin the uninstall process.
2. Remove malicious files with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Remove remaining trace files with HitmanPro
1. Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
2. Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
3. Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
4. On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
5. Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
6. Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix related issues with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.