How to block scribecontent.com referrer spam in Google Analytics
Scribecontent.com is a website that utilizes deceptive and fraudulent referral traffic known as referrer spam in order to promote the paid services they provide on their website. Scribecontent.com spams your Google Analytics data with multiple referrer spam URLs that forward to the website including the eye-catching smarter-content.for-your.website URL. This type of fraudulent web traffic is ghost traffic that never actually “lands” on your website but targets your Google Analytics ID. Scribecontent.com referrer spam is not essentially harmful to your website but it can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. If you value your data you will want to block the spam URLs that forward to scribecontent.com in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter explained further below.
Scribecontent.com referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known spam URLs such as googlemare.com is an issue and hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted scribecontent.com referrals can ruin your website’s analytical data such as the bounce rate. The spam URLs usually ‘appear’ to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which can produce a 100% bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that scribecontent.com referrals can ruin. It can essentially mix fraudulent web traffic data into everything measured in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
What is scribecontent.com?
Scribecontent.com is an SEO type website and company that provides several paid-for services including content creation services. The business has no regard for and does not value you or your website’s analytical data. They aggressively promote their services by taking advantage of blackhat SEO tactics that do nothing but cause trouble for the people they target.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
How to block scribecontent.com referrer spam
This guide shows you how to block scribecontent.com referrer spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that stops referrals that forward to scribecontent.com.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add scribecontent.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add scribecontent.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | scribecontent.com