SaveMass (Save Mass) is found in the potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware categories of possible computer threats. In particular, SaveMass is adware that can infiltrate a computer system and multiple internet browsers without user knowledge. Furthermore, potential SaveMass malware can collect user data, and use the collected data to serve targeted advertisements.
SaveMass adware also uses collected user browsing data for a variety of several marketing campaigns that may include using a victims email address, home address, and telephone number. Information collected by SaveMass adware may also be shared with unknown third-parties and programs that this adware bundles with.
Potential SaveMass malware is commonly known as the “SaveMass virus” even though the unwanted program is not a computer virus. However, the SaveMass virus is very intrusive before and after install, it modifies existing browser and system settings (including browser and system start-up protocols), and it primarily bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues and will also need to be removed.
How to remove SaveMass virus
This SaveMass removal guide will help you completely remove SaveMass virus, potentially unwanted programs, and malware. ,Get rid of ads by SaveMass on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by following each step on this page.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SaveMass
- Step 4: Remove SaveMass browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SaveMass. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SaveMass using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SaveMass
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SaveMass. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SaveMass browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SaveMass extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SaveMass add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SaveMass add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.