SaveItKeep (Save It Keep) is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by reputable Antivirus vendors because it can get onto a computer system without user knowledge and collect complex user browsing data, which it uses to serve targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers. Furthermore, SaveItKeep adware is known to use deceptive marketing techniques to get onto a computer without proper detection.
SaveItKeep adware also uses collected user browsing data for a variety of different marketing campaigns. This includes email spam campaigns, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers and scam artists. Information collected by SaveItKeep adware will also be shared with unknown third-parties.
Potential SaveItKeep malware is commonly known as the “SaveItKeep virus” even though the unwanted program is not a computer virus. However, the SaveItKeep virus is very intrusive before and after install, it modifies existing browser and system settings (including browser and system start-up protocols), and it primarily bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues and will also need to be removed.
How to remove SaveItKeep virus
This SaveItKeep removal guide will help you completely remove SaveItKeep virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall Save It Keep malware, and get rid of ads by SaveItKeep on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SaveItKeep
- Step 4: Remove SaveItKeep browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SaveItKeep adware. Our techs will gladly assist you with any problems that you may face.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SaveItKeep using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SaveItKeep
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SaveItKeep. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SaveItKeep browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SaveItKeep extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SaveItKeep add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SaveItKeep add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.