Savefromnet helper (also found as SaveFrom virus or Savefrom.net helper) is a legitimate browser add-on and extension for many internet browsers including Google Chrome & Chromium, Mozilla Firefox, Yandex Browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, Apple Safari, and others. Although the Savefromnet helper add-on is referred to as “legitimate” it is known to cause many problems for internet users. Savefromnet helper is also known to bundle with and install alongside various potentially unwanted programs and adware. Once Savefromnet helper is installed, internet users may notice unwanted advertisements from a variety of third-party advertising platforms such as Offers4u.
What is Savefromnet helper?
The Savefromnet helper extension is self-promoted as a free browser attachment that helps you to download files from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more than 40 other just in one click.
Adware that bundles with Savefromnet helper generates very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The advertisements the adware displays are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Savefromnet helper is not technically defined as a computer virus but this questionable browser extension is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Savefromnet helper if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Savefromnet helper get on my computer?
Savefromnet helper and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Savefromnet helper is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Savefromnet helper adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files. There is never a custom option to accept or decline this browser attachment from installing.
[fancy_box title=”Savefromnet helper overview”]
- Savefromnet helper bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Savefromnet helper is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- The Savefromnet helper extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
How to remove Savefromnet helper virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove Savefromnet helper virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Savefromnet helper
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove Savefromnet helper virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove Savefromnet helper and malware that it bundles with.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Savefromnet helper” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Savefromnet helper we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Savefromnet helper.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Savefromnet helper
How to uninstall Savefromnet helper
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Savefromnet helper in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Savefromnet helper to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Savefromnet helper in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Savefromnet helper below.[/note]
How to remove Savefromnet helper add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Savefromnet helper extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Savefromnet helper add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Savefromnet helper extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Savefromnet helper in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Savefromnet helper below.[/note]
Savefromnet helper virus removal tips
- If you do not find Savefromnet helper in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Savefromnet helper you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.