How to remove Save to 4shared (Virus Removal Guide)
Save to 4shared (Save to 4shared virus) is a very deceptive and intrusive adware program and browser attachment that usually enters a computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari without user permission or knowledge. Once Save to 4shared adware has been installed onto a Windows machine and attached to affected internet browsers it will read and change user browsing information, remove legitimate extensions and programs used to block advertisements such as Adblock, and generate pop-up advertisements.
Save to 4shared adware will also disallow users from installing new browser add-ons and extensions. If this is the case it is recommended to uninstall the internet browser and reinstall it from the legitimate publishers website. An example of this is that this program will remove the Adblock extension from Chrome and will not allow users to search for the program and install it again. This will even occur after the Save to 4shared extension for Chrome has been manually removed. The adware does this so that it will be able to produce advertisements whenever it wants and to be able to locate where legitimate third-party advertisement exist so that they can cover them with questionable and deceptive ads.
Save to 4shared is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is described as a very intrusive piece of adware. One of the biggest concerns with this unwanted program and browser attachment is that it serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the web and targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has gained access to user browsing data such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
Furthermore, potential Save to 4shared malware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Save to 4shared adware and the programs that it bundles with also schedule new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that bundle with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements including browser redirects and a loss in computer and internet functionality.
Save to 4shared adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who download and install free programs and files online may be given an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install Save to 4shared adware. However, the request to decline Save to 4shared adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner or, in some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Save to 4shared from installing and the adware will install against user consent.
How to remove Save to 4shared
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Save to 4shared extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Save to 4shared malware from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Save to 4shared virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Save to 4shared extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Save to 4shared extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Save to 4shared add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Save to 4shared extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Save to 4shared malware from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Save to 4shared and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Save to 4shared virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.