What is SaleZ?
SaleZ (also referred to as the Salez virus or Ads by SaleZ) is detected as adware that infiltrates a computer system without user knowledge. SaleZ adware will often obtain permissions allowing the adware to observe and modify user browser and system data and settings in order to target users with specifically directed advertisements.
SaleZ adware will use data such as browser history and bookmarks to generate pop-up advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The SaleZ virus also shares collected user browsing data with third-parties, which can ultimately result in unwanted email messages, mail at home, phone calls from telemarketers, and more.
Potential SaleZ malware is intermittently titled as the “SaleZ virus” even though this unwanted program is not technically defined as a computer virus. This is because the adware is known to be very destructive, modify existing browser and system settings (including system start-up settings), and it primarily bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues. Additional items will likely need to be removed during the removal process, including browser add-ons and extensions.
How to remove SaleZ
This SaleZ removal guide will help you completely remove the SaleZ virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall SaleZ malware, and get rid of SaleZ ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall SaleZ
- Step 4: Remove SaleZ browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing SaleZ. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. On the dashboard of the SaleZ removal tool click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SaleZ using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall SaleZ
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SaleZ. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove SaleZ browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SaleZ extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SaleZ add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SaleZ add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.