RoyalCoupon (also searched for as RoyalCoupon virus or RoyalCoupon with a space) is an advertisement injector type program and browser object located in the adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) categories of computer threats. The “RoyalCoupon virus” as it is commonly called is typically contracted without user authorization and knowledge. The RoyalCoupon program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once installed, RoyalCoupon will display several types of advertisements that usually say something similar to Ads by RoyalCoupon or brought by RoyalCoupon on them.
RoyalCoupon adware is not a program to be taken lightly. The adware can violate your privacy without your consent. It generates very intrusive pop-up and in-text styled ads which are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style ads are a very big privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit and your browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The “RoyalCoupon virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove RoyalCoupon if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
RoyalCoupon and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. RoyalCoupon is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that RoyalCoupon adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”RoyalCoupon overview”]
- RoyalCoupon bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- RoyalCoupon is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- RoyalCoupon injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- RoyalCoupon makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
- Option 1: Automatically remove RoyalCoupon virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove RoyalCoupon
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove RoyalCoupon virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “RoyalCoupon” removal tool[/button]
3. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button – or reboot your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing RoyalCoupon we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove RoyalCoupon
How to uninstall RoyalCoupon
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section of the Control Panel.
3. Search for RoyalCoupon in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall once the option appears. You can also double click RoyalCoupon and other programs to uninstall them.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find RoyalCoupon in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove RoyalCoupon below.[/note]
How to remove RoyalCoupon add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RoyalCoupon extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the RoyalCoupon add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the RoyalCoupon extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find RoyalCoupon in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove RoyalCoupon below.[/note]
RoyalCoupon virus removal tips
- If you do not find RoyalCoupon in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing RoyalCoupon you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: