How to remove RockApps (Virus Removal Guide)
RockApps (also found as RockApps virus, Rock Apps) is adware that generates targeted pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. The adware usually bundles with other potentially unwanted programs that can cause other issues for computer and internet users.
One of the biggest concerns with RockApps adware is that it serves ‘targeted’ advertisements which can only be produced by the adware if it has obtained access to user browsing data such as all browsing activities (information you submit online, email addresses, phone numbers), bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used by the adware to manufacture advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on based off of their habits. This information can also be collected and shared for other unknown marketing purposes.
Furthermore, RockApps adware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Potential RockApps malware and the programs that it bundles with also schedule new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that bundle with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements including browser redirects and a loss in computer and internet functionality.
RockApps adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install RockApps adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline RockApps adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline RockApps from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
How to remove RockApps
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove RockApps extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall RockApps malware from Windows
- Step 3: Remove RockApps virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove RockApps extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RockApps extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the RockApps add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the RockApps extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall RockApps malware from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for RockApps and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove RockApps virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.