Rinkela (also searched for as Rinkela virus) is detected as a generic adware type program and browser plugin by reputable Antivirus products. Rinkela adware has a very high detection ratio and most security programs will detect and remove Rinkela. However, this adware infestation can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone ad-serving object. The adware is known to bundle with other potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, and malware. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove Rinkela if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
Rinkela adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements that usually say something like Ads by Rinkela, Rinkela Ads, or brought by Rinkela on them. The advertisements are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because in order to generate they will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, and browser bookmarks. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off of your current and past browsing habits and manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
Even though this adware is often referred to as the Rinkela virus it is not technically defined as a computer virus. The adware is still similar to a virus and is a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Rinkela if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, as well as to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive with the adware.
Rinkela and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Rinkela is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Rinkela adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove Rinkela
This comprehensive Rinkela removal guide will help you remove Rinkela virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Rinkela.
- How to uninstall Rinkela
- How to remove Rinkela virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
How to uninstall Rinkela
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Rinkela in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Rinkela to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Rinkela in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Rinkela extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Rinkela add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Rinkela extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Rinkela virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Rinkela” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Rinkela we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Rinkela.[/note]
Rinkela virus removal tips
- If you do not find Rinkela in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Rinkela you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411