Youtube Accelerator virus
The Youtube Accelerator virus (also found as YT Accelerator or Youtube Accelerator Ads) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories of computer infections. YouTube Downloader is promoted as a free tool for Microsoft Windows that attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension in order to accelerate YouTube videos and more. The Youtube Accelerator program is used to serve targeted advertisements, which in return may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Youtube Accelerator is installed onto a computer and attached to an internet browser, the adware program will being to collect user information such as browser history, bookmarks, and info users manually submit online, and will use information to display pop-up target advertisements, and other forms of advertisements it feels are relevant to the user.
Youtube Accelerator advertisements are displayed in a very wide variety of forms. Some are pop-under ads, in-text ads that say something like “Ads by Youtube Accelerator” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say something like “brought by Youtube Accelerator” on them.
This program may also change internet browser settings, including the homepage and default search engine; resulting in unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to websites such as Conduit Search.
How does Youtube Accelerator malware get onto a computer?
The Youtube Accelerator adware program often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware found on websites such as download.com and can also be located in ads and torrents found on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Youtube Accelerator software and other items during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and the software may accidentally install without direct user permission.
Adware and unwanted programs can also be contracted via suspicious advertisements, email spam, social media content, and by other means.
How to remove Youtube Accelerator virus
- Automatically remove Youtube Accelerator virus – Scan for and automatically remove Youtube Accelerator and third-party malware
- Manually remove Youtube Accelerator virus – Remove/Uninstall Youtube Accelerator and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Youtube Accelerator virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Youtube Accelerator and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Youtube Accelerator adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Youtube Accelerator and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Youtube Accelerator, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Youtube Accelerator virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Youtube Accelerator and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Youtube Accelerator
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Youtube Accelerator and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Youtube Accelerator may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Youtube Accelerator add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Youtube Accelerator add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Youtube Accelerator extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Youtube Accelerator add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Youtube Accelerator add-on and remove it if located.