How to remove “You might enjoy reading” ads (Virus Removal Guide)
You might enjoy reading virus
If you are seeing ads that say “You might enjoy reading” while browsing the internet, your computer is infected with an advertisement-supported Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) categorized as the adware. The program (s) used to display “You might enjoy reading” ads may also be detected as a browser hijacker and spyware. You might enjoy reading adware may be promoted as freeware, or alongside freeware and shareware developed for use on the Microsoft Windows Operating System. This program may also utilize browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions to change existing internet browser settings and display pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Once potential You might enjoy reading malware is installed, the adware program will observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This software may also potentially submit user information to third-party contractors. This may cause unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
You might enjoy reading ads often attempt to appear as if they were implemented by the visited website. In some cases these advertisements are shown above or below online articles and retail products and will attempt to display relative stories and images based on collected user information. For example, if an infected user is to visit Walmart.com, they may notice an advertisement that says You might enjoy reading under the menu promoting products such as an ipad product or article in the header of the webpage (image below).
A user may also experience pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text (pictured right), and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
Most advertisements displayed by You might enjoy reading and similar items will contain text that say something similar to “Ads by You might enjoy reading, brought by You might enjoy reading, or You might enjoy reading Deals.”
The You might enjoy reading adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install You might enjoy reading software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
Remove “You might enjoy reading” ads
- Option 1: You might enjoy reading Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove You might enjoy reading malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove You might enjoy reading – This second option details how to manually uninstall You might enjoy reading and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. You might enjoy reading Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove You might enjoy reading and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall You might enjoy reading adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall You might enjoy reading and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for You might enjoy reading, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove You might enjoy reading
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall You might enjoy reading adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall You might enjoy reading
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for You might enjoy reading and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove You might enjoy reading add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove You might enjoy reading add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the You might enjoy reading extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the You might enjoy reading add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the You might enjoy reading add-on and remove it if located.