Yet Another Cleaner (YAC virus)
YAC virus (Yet Another Cleaner virus) is a malicious and fraudulent Windows optimization and security program that is detected as a ‘fraud tool’ for stealing a competitors database and scareware by reputable Anti-Malware products. The rogue program is offered as an unregistered (free) and registered (full) Microsoft Windows cleaner and optimizer tool. YAC is essentially considered a non-beneficial Windows Optimizer and Antivirus by reputable security experts. The program is known to perform fraudulent computer scans in order to create customers and collect personal user information.
Once the YAC program is installed it will begin to perform a scan without user authorization. When the scan is over the results will state that there are problems detected that are not safe; However, the results shown are usually fake and completely fabricated by the developers or stolen from another programs database.
The YAC virus also launches internet browser windows at random and will cause unwanted pop-ups to appear inside your browser window and on Windows desktop. The program will also change your homepage and default search engine which will cause your affected internet browsers to constantly start up on and redirect to search.yac.mx when you search the web, open a browser window, or open a new browser tab. In Google Chrome, the YAC virus hijacks your homepage, removes the homepage button, and changes the default search engine to a new one.
Yet Another Cleaner is usually downloaded and installed without user knowledge. It is known to download and install alongside free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web including freeware, shareware, torrents, email attachments, dubious software updates, and more. To make matters worse, the program might also be advertised by malware, adware, and malicious websites that also advertise third-party threats.
Those who wish to install freeware may be given a “custom installation” option to accept or decline an offer to install Yet Another Cleaner adware and similar products during the installation; However, the user request to decline the unwanted program from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
Uninstall Yet Another Cleaner Anti-Malware
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you want to uninstall in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process.
Remove Yet Another Cleaner with Malwarebytes
BUY NOW FREE TRIAL FREE DOWNLOAD
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove Yet Another Cleaner with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
BUY NOW FREE TRIAL FREE DOWNLOAD
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
Thank you!! It worked with 1st program !
it worked with 1st program ! Thank You !!
To remove YAC (blocks my internet access) start your computer in safe mode and delete the directory contains YAC all together. Then reboot your computer and use Revo uninstaller to remove the traces from registry. It must works. Simple…
Help, windows 10 can’t manual uninstall :c and dunno how to work malwarebytes
This was a pain to remove. What I did was use CCleaner to get rid of the registry for ‘YAC’. However, it wouldn’t let me delete the program because it said I needed to be Administrator, which is BS. So, after i deleted the registry, I found the file was under the name ‘Elex-Tech’ in my Programs(x86). It wouldn’t let me delete the file, and it didn’t show up in Safe Mode. What worked: I cut the folder out of my Programs File, and pasted it to the Desktop. Then I could delete it! Then I ran my malware programs for safe measure. Hope this helps.
Cannot install malware, cannot open msconfig?
Yee!! It works using Piriform CCleaner! THANK YOU!
I cant manualy uninstall this sh*t, becouse its keep instaling again and again!
Exactly! I’ve uninstalled this damn thing 3 times today, and every time it comes back up! Someone please tell me how to get rid of it…
Check out the links listed at the end of the article that detail troubleshoot options if it re-installs itself.
Because you are just a piece of shit
thank you so much.
Thanks for the uninstall video! I had an infected computer that had the Brazillian version installed, and there were was no text on the buttons, so I was completely ‘blind’. Thanks to your video, I was unable to uninstall it by following your mouse over the relevant buttons!
thanks a lot, got this and when i went to unistall it no text appeared, the vid helped ,me navigate the menu and get this crap off my computer. like vincent w norton, which has been very reliable, didnt manage to stop it. thanks a lot for helping me get this crap off my computer
Amazing that Norton (which I have installed for many months) did not catch and block this.
YAC is the worst… got on my computer somehow and would not get off. Thanks!
thank you. this post has been a great help.