What is XP Antivirus 2014?
XP Antivirus 2014 is rogue Windows software found in the scareware category of computer infections that infects a computer without consent via trojan horses and causes many issues for computer users.
According to security analysts, XP Antivirus 2014 is primarily contracted through trojan horses and may bundle with additional malware and other unwanted programs. If this fake Windows Antivirus program is installed, a user’s operating system may also be infected with several parasites.
A computer may also lose connectivity to the internet if this program is found on a computer system. This may be orchestrated to block users from downloading legitimate program used to eradicate it.
The main symptoms of the XP Antivirus 2014 virus is that the program is designed to infect a computer without direct user knowledge in order to perform fake system scans and fake notifications structured to persuade computer users to spend money on the program or provide personal information. Once installed, the program may run a scan and show results that falsely indicate that the infected computer has additional programs that may be removed by purchasing the fraudulent product; However, although the computer is infected with this program, this program will not assist in the removal of malicious parasites and may further block efforts to eradicate associated parasites.
This program may also access and collect personal documents and files, as well as block legitimate Antivirus programs from removing it.
Examples of manufactured notifications displayed by this program are detailed below:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
XP Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
How to remove XP Antivirus 2014
This XP Antivirus 2014 removal guide contains instructions to remove XP Antivirus 2014 virus and other malware from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of fake XP Antivirus 2014 scareware with the steps provided on this webpage.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove XP Antivirus and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue XP Antivirus scareware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall XP Antivirus 2014
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for XP Antivirus and other potentially unwanted software. Once the rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.