The WS-Supporter virus is a term for potential malware (or a PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, BHO, and extension without user consent. The WS-Supporter program may do this in order to collect sensitive user data, serve cross-browser advertisements, update existing malware, and change existing browser settings such as homepages, shortcuts, and search engines.
Once WS-Supporter malware is installed the program will being to collect user information such as your browsing history, browsing habits, items you search online, bookmarks, other manually submitted information, and more. WS-Supporter malware and third-party items will use this information to display target advertisements, deals, and offers or submit users to third-party mailing and marketing lists.
WS-Supporter advertisements can appear in different forms. Some ads are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, some are in-text ads, and some are pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say something similar to “by WS-Supporter” on them (sample picture above).
How does WS-Supporter malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install WS-Supporter software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the WS-Supporter virus
- Automatically remove WS-Supporter virus – Scan for and automatically remove WS-Supporter and third-party malware
- Manually remove WS-Supporter virus – Remove/Uninstall WS-Supporter and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic WS-Supporter virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove WS-Supporter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall WS-Supporter adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall WS-Supporter and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for WS-Supporter, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual WS-Supporter virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall WS-Supporter and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall WS-Supporter
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for WS-Supporter and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that WS-Supporter may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove WS-Supporter add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove WS-Supporter add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WS-Supporter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the WS-Supporter add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the WS-Supporter add-on and remove it if located.