WinRepair Pro by winrepairpro.com (also searched for as WinRepair Pro virus) is a Windows Optimizer program that may utilize deceptive and misleading marketing tactics in order to generate potential customers. Some internet security products recognize WinRepair Pro as a potentially unwanted program and will detect, quarantine, and remove WinRepair Pro. This program is not a computer virus or recognized as malware. Users may be given an option to install this program alongside third-party freeware.
Once WinRepair Pro is installed it will begin to scan your computer for alleged system related errors, com and activex errors, user related errors, and setup and uninstall errors. The scan results will always be excessive with hundreds of total registry errors found. The scan will conclude that a large number of registry errors indicate that your computer may be at high risk of computer crashes, unwanted errors, and slow software startups.
The WinRepair Pro program will not remove or fix any errors it claims to detect. Instead, it will pressure the target into purchasing the full WinRepair Pro version to fix errors that it claims to have located.
WinRepair Pro may also bundle with or be advertised alongside other unwanted programs and malware. If you found WinRepair Pro installed without your consent it is very likely that malicious programs and files are also present on your computer.
How to remove WinRepair Pro
Follow the steps in this WinRepair Pro removal guide to remove “WinRepair Pro virus,” malware, and other threats from your PC and internet browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall WinRepair Pro and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this program is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this program is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall WinRepair Pro and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this program is to uninstall WinRepair Pro and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for WinRepair Pro in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled WinRepair Pro search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove this program is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this program is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.