How to remove WindowsManagerProtect (Virus Removal Guide)
The WindowsManagerProtect virus (Windows Manager Protect by WindowsProtect LIMITED) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that often bundles with additional adware, spyware, and browser hijackers. WindowsManagerProtect is often the culprit of unwanted advertisements, as well as unwanted browser redirects.
WindowsManagerProtect malware and associated programs may collect user information in order to display targeted advertisements. Data collected may include manually submitted information such as browser activity and history.
How does WindowsManagerProtect malware infect a computer?
WindowsManagerProtect malware can install alongside freeware, shareware, codecs, and even torrents. If you recenelty downlaoded software from distribution websites such as CNET’s download.com you have contracted WindowsManagerProtect and additional malware, including malware bundled inside the unwanted program.
It should be noted that WindowsManagerProtect may be the misleading title of malware including adware, spyware, and browser hijackers that serve pop-up and coupon advertisements including previously mentioned titles: SpecialSavings, Deal Finder, and the Algo virus (searchalgo), as well as other items relating to SuperFish malware. Removing or uninstalling WindowsManagerProtect will often stop advertisements from appearing, as well as unauthorized browser start-ups and redirections.
How to remove WindowsManagerProtect
- Automatically remove WindowsManagerProtect malware – Scan for and automatically remove WindowsManagerProtect and third-party malware
- Manually remove WindowsManagerProtect malware – Remove/Uninstall WindowsManagerProtect and third-party malware
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic WindowsManagerProtect removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove WindowsManagerProtect and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall WindowsManagerProtect software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall WindowsManagerProtect and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for WindowsManagerProtect software, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual WindowsManagerProtect removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall WindowsManagerProtect and third-party software using generic removal procedures. It may be necessary to uninstall WindowsManagerProtect before removing browser add-ons and extensions.
How to uninstall WindowsManagerProtect malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for WindowsManagerProtect and other potentially unwanted software, including software downloaded from websites such as download.com. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the WindowsManagerProtect add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove WindowsManagerProtect and third-party add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WindowsManagerProtect extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the WindowsManagerProtect add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the WindowsManagerProtect add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove Snap.do (hijacker)
- How to remove Text Enhance (adware)
- How to block advertisements and malicious resources using Windows hosts file
- How to stop unwanted redirections
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems