Windows Antivirus Master virus
The Windows Antivirus Master virus (Antivirus Master virus, Windows Antivirus virus, Windows Antivirus Master Ultimate, etc.) is malware categorized as scareware and spyware (or rogue software) that installs to a computer system without user consent in order to cause problems relating to the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
The Windows Antivirus Master virus may also cause other issues for computer and internet users concerning the loss of computer functionality as Windows Antivirus Master is essentially considered a rogue Microsoft Windows Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, or Antivirus program. Windows Antivirus Master performs fake registry and system scans concluding in fraudulent scan results that claim a numerical amount of errors or issues are found in order to scare victims into purchasing or activating to fraudulent Windows Antivirus Master ultimate protection. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!
Once the fake Windows Antivirus Master program is installed, to protect it’s self from being eradicated the fake Windows Antivirus Master program will terminate legitimate programs used to remove it and block access to legitimate and helpful websites. It does this by displaying an alert message that claims the program has become infected with a computer virus or that the website visited is under a virus attack and may crash your system and that the legitimate program has been blocked from accessing the internet. An example of these message is detailed below:
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe is suspected to have infected your PC. This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them to a remote server.
The fake program also displays messages that claim the computer is infected or faces security issues. The messages displayed by the fake Windows Antivirus Master software should be ignored as they are fraudulent. These fake messages are meant to scare computer users into activating the fake Windows Antivirus Master Ultimate package.
Error Trojan activity detected. System integrity at risk. Full system scan is highly recommended. Error System data security is at risk! To prevent potential PC errors, run a full system scan. Warning! Identity theft attempt detected Hidden connection IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Target: Microsoft Corporation keys Your IP: 127.0.0.1
The dangerous Windows Antivirus Master virus may also install third-party software including Conduit Toolbar and other items. The third-party items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to change existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
How does the Windows Antivirus Master virus get onto a computer?
Windows Antivirus Master can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of malicious locations; However, Windows Antivirus Master malware is known to install to a computer system without user consent and will often bundle with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
Windows Antivirus Master malware and related items may also download to a computer without user authorization via malicious advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content. The fake Antivirus software is often present in exploit kits hidden on malicious websites.
Remove Windows Antivirus Master virus
- Automatically remove Windows Antivirus Master virus – Scan for and automatically remove rogue Windows Antivirus Master software
- Manually remove Windows Antivirus Master virus – Remove/Uninstall Windows Antivirus Master and third-party malware if allowed
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Auto Windows Antivirus Master virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Windows Antivirus Master scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and rogue Windows Antivirus Master software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “Antivirus Master.”
4. To automatically uninstall rogue Windows Antivirus Master software and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Windows Antivirus Master virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue Windows Antivirus Master software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall Windows Antivirus Master
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Windows Antivirus Master scareware and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.