What is Win 8 Antivirus 2014?
Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is a rogue Windows program, also categorized as scareware that reportedly causes many complications for computer users. The Win 8 Antivirus 2014 virus is known to infect a computer system without user authorization and perform fraudulent system scans in order to scare victims into purchasing the non-beneficial Antivirus software.
According to security analysts, Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is primarily contracted by trojan horses and may bundle with additional malware and unwanted programs. If this fake Windows Antivirus program is installed, a user’s operating system may also be infected with several parasites.
The main symptoms of the Win 8 Antivirus 2014 virus is that the program is designed to infect a computer without direct user knowledge in order to perform fake system scans structured to persuade computer users to spend money on the program. Once installed, the program may run a scan and show results that falsely indicate that the infected computer has additional programs that may be removed by purchasing the fraudulent product; However, although the computer is infected with this program, this program will not assist in the removal of malicious parasites and may further block efforts to eradicate associated parasites.
How to remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 – This first option details how to remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 – This second option details how to manually uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014 and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Win 8 Antivirus 2014 removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014 adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014 and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Win 8 Antivirus 2014, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Win 8 Antivirus 2014 removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014 adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Win 8 Antivirus 2014 and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Win 8 Antivirus 2014 extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Win 8 Antivirus 2014 add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Win 8 Antivirus 2014 add-on and remove it if located.