How to remove WeDownload Manager Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
What is WeDownload Manager Pro?
WeDownload Manager Pro is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware found in the adware category of potential computer risks and threats that security analysts have flagged for suspicious behavior. WeDownload Manager Pro is primarily used to access and collect user information, change existing internet browser settings, and serve advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Potential WeDownload Manager malware and associated programs, including browser add-ons and extensions that this program may bundle with often have permission to access and collect user information such as a user’s complete browsing activity and history. The information is used to serve targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers and may also be submitted to third-party contractors (marketing and mailing lists).
This program and associated items may also change existing internet browser settings, such as bookmarks, themes, homepages, and internet search engines, which may cause internet users to experience unwanted browser redirects when opening a new browser window, opening a new browser tab, or searching the web using the browser address or omni bar. Users may also notice new bookmarks added by the program, as well as additional apps.
Advertisements display by this program are delivered in many different forms and are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by WeDownload Manager Pro,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
WeDownload Manager Pro has been found to associate with and bundle with additional third-party malware and PUPs during the installation process of third-party freeware promoted by media related websites. In some cases a user may be given the chance to accept or decline and offer to install this item and additional programs: However, the request to decline is often ignored.
This WeDownload Manager Pro removal guide will help you remove the WeDownload Manager Pro virus and uninstall WeDownload Manager Pro malware from Windows in order to get rid of unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove WeDownload Manager Pro
- Option 1: WeDownload Manager Pro Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove WeDownload Manager Pro malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro software, and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove WeDownload Manager Pro – This second option details how to manually uninstall BrowseForTheCause and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. WeDownload Manager Pro Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove WeDownload Manager Pro and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall WeDownload Manager Pro adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall BrowseForTheCause and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for WeDownload Manager Pro, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove WeDownload Manager Pro
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall WeDownload Manager Pro adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall BrowseForTheCause
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for BrowseForTheCause and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove WeDownload Manager Pro add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove WeDownload Manager Pro add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WeDownload Manager Pro extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the WeDownload Manager Pro add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the WeDownload Manager Pro add-on and remove it if located.