The websearch.webisawsome.info virus (also found as the websearch.webisawsome.info redirect virus) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent in order to change existing internet browser settings.
The websearch.webisawsome.info add-on and extension or third-party item such as Protected Search used to promote websearch.webisawsome.info, changes internet browser settings including the homepage and default browser search engine. This causes infected internet browsers to redirect to http:/websearch.webisawsome.info/, search.conduit.com, and start-up on unwanted search engines when users open a new browser window or browser tab and search the internet using the address bar or omni bar.
Once software used to promote the websearch.webisawsome.info redirect is installed the application will begin to replace existing internet browser settings, install additional software, and collect sensitive user information, including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more.
websearch.webisawsome.info malware may also collect information and use additional techniques to collect customer information or persuade victims to purchase sponsored and/or non-beneficial software. This is why many vendors may consider such websites as spyware.
How does the websearch.webisawsome.info hijacker get onto a computer?
Items used to promote the websearch.webisawsome.info redirect virus can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of questionable websites including download.com; however, websearch.webisawsome.info software primarily bundles with freeware and shareware, including aggressive installers that do not allow the user to cancel download.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the websearch.webisawsome.info search engine, but the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner by the developer or distributor.
- Automatically remove websearch.webisawsome.info – Scan for and automatically remove websearch.webisawsome.info and third-party malware
- Manually remove websearch.webisawsome.info – Remove/Uninstall websearch.webisawsome.info supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Removal Instructions:
Use the instructions below to automatically remove websearch.webisawsome.info and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image above shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
6. Restart your computer. After you remove the malicious files Microsoft Notepad may open containing a log. You may chose to close this.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the websearch.webisawsome.info hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall websearch.webisawsome.info supported software navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for suspicious software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button and carefully following any on-screen instructions.
2. Manual Removal Instructions:
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall websearch.webisawsome.info software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall websearch.webisawsome.info (supported software)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for websearch.webisawsome.info supported software such as Linkey and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove websearch.webisawsome.info add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the websearch.webisawsome.info extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the websearch.webisawsome.info add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the websearch.webisawsome.info add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove websearch.webisawsome.info search
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove websearch.webisawsome.info search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove websearch.webisawsome.info search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to websearch.webisawsome.info search engine to remove it.
How to remove websearch.webisawsome.info homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove websearch.webisawsome.info from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove websearch.webisawsome.info from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove websearch.webisawsome.info and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.