How to remove VuuPC (Virus Removal Guide)
VuuPC (also found as VuuPC, You’re Always a Click Away! by VuuPC Limited) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) (PUP.Optional.VuuPC.A) or potential malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories of computer infections that can cause many issues for computer users. VuuPC is a free program that claims to allow remote access to your computer from anywhere via mobile devices, etc.; However, VuuPC displays a wide variety of pop-up advertisements, which can introduce a user to privacy relating issues concerning the collection and distribution of personal user data.
Once VuuPC malware is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System and attached to a user’s internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer, the adware and spyware program will begin to collect and observe user data in order to display targeted advertisements or turn over the information to third-party contractors.
The program may even ask a user for information such as your email address and access to your social media accounts, including Facebook.
VuuPC advertisements come in several forms and can also be generated by third-party adware that may have installed alongside the program such as savingsbullfliter. Some ads can be found when hovering over text and are called “in-text” advertisements, some ads pop out when hovering over images, and other ads are generic banner and skyscraper advertisements that may appear on any website while browsing the web.
Users of VuuPC and similar adware often complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
VuuPC may use several titles in order to change Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer settings. VuuPC can cause a browser to redirect to unwanted websites and has the capabilities to change the homepage, causing browsers to start-up on unwanted search engines.
How does VuuPC malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install VuuPC software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
VuuPC software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web including vuupc.com.
How to remove the VuuPC virus
- Automatically remove VuuPC virus – Scan for and automatically remove VuuPC and third-party malware
- Manually remove VuuPC virus – Remove/Uninstall VuuPC and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic VuuPC removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove malicious VuuPC files and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall VuuPC adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall VuuPC and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for VuuPC,You’re Always a Click Away! by VuuPC Limited, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual VuuPC removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall VuuPC and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall VuuPC (by VuuPC Limited)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for VuuPC,You’re Always a Click Away! by VuuPC Limited and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that VuuPC may use a different title name than suggested and can bundle with third-party items that may need to be removed as well.
How to remove VuuPC add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove VuuPC add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the VuuPC extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the VuuPC add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the VuuPC add-on and remove it if located.