Visual Match virus
The Visual Match virus (also found as the VisualMatch virus; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware or a potentially unwanted program that is classified as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. Visual Match adware is a Microsoft Windows program that displays advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by use of browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions.
Once Visual Match malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information and will display target advertisements, deals, and offers for searched items or currently viewed websites and products on retail websites.
Visual Match advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by Visual Match ” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Visual Match ” on them.
Visual Match malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
How does Visual Match malware get onto a computer?
Visual Match malware often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware from websites such as download.com.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Visual Match software and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner in order to trick users into installing excessive bloatware and malware.
How to remove the Visual Match virus
- Automatically remove Visual Match virus – Scan for and automatically remove Visual Match and third-party malware
- Manually remove Visual Match virus – Remove/Uninstall Visual Match and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Visual Match virus removal
The instructions below detail how to remove the Visual Match virus using free or full versions of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and CCleaner by Piriform software.
To keep protected against these types of programs in the future, we suggest to purchase the full version of Malwarebytes’, which includes real-time protection.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Visual Match adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Visual Match and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Visual Match , etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Visual Match virus removal
The instructions below will detail how to uninstall Visual Match software from Microsoft Windows and remove the Visual Match hijacker from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to uninstall Visual Match
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Visual Match and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Visual Match may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Visual Match add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Visual Match add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Visual Match extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Visual Match add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Visual Match add-on and remove it if located.