How to remove VisionCrypt ransomware (Virus Removal Guide)
VisionCrypt is ransomware (computer virus) that encrypts personal computer files using AES-128 encryption. The computer virus will utilize various methods to infect a computer, encrypt files on the computer that match certain file extensions, and append a new file extension such as ._[extension_name].VisionCrypt to the file. VisionCrypt ransomware will also leave a ransom note in each folder it encrypts files in and display a pop-up ransom note on the affected computer’s screen that can restrict complete user access to the infected machine.
The ransomware note displayed by the VisionCrypt virus usually appears once all the targeted files on the machine have been encrypted. The ransom note explains that happened to your files and how to recover them according to the malware author.
The ransom note says that many of your pictures, documents, databases and all other important files are no longer accessible, as they have been encrypted using AES-128 government grade encryption. The ransom note then says that you can recover your files if you are quick. The note claims that time is running out and you have two days (48 hours) to deliver a payment to the malware author by contacting them. The note says you can email them the payment hash with your ID and a decryption key will be sent back to you.
**CLOSING OF THIS PROGRAM WILL REMOVE ALL CHANCE OF FILE RETRIEVAL**
What happened to my files?
Mmany of your pictures, documents, databases and all other important files are no longer accessible, as they have been encrypted using AES-128 government grade encryption.
Can I recover my files?
Of course you can! But be quick, time is running out. (Refer to countdown clock) You have two days (48 hours) to deliver payment. After payment, refer to the <Contact Us> button, and email us the Payment Hash, along with your victim ID. The payment will then be confirmed, and decryption key will be sent to you. You will then have all your files back!
This is a malware infection that is by cyber criminals. Contacting cyber criminals is not always suggested as a solution to recover your files unless it is the last resort. Every year many ransom payments are paid out to cyber criminals even though the infection could have been removed by other means. In many cases paying the cyber criminals to restore your files will not work and your money will be lost. Also keep in mind that the infection will not be removed from your computer and it may reoccur unless you properly remove it. Paying the malware authors does not actually eradicate malicious files from your computer.
The VisionCrypt virus and other types of ransomware are usually spread by malicious emails, social media content, torrents, and advertisements on malicious or hijacked websites. Most ransomware ill utilize an email campaign to reach hundreds of thousands of people. The emails may appear to be someone you know, your bank, or a legitimate service.
The instructions on this page will help you remove VisionCrypt virus, malware, and other ransomware from your computer completely. Follow each step below to remove this infection and secure your computer from malicious threats. On the bottom of this guide you will also find recovery and decryption software for various ransomware infections.
1. Remove VisionCrypt with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
2. Remove trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
3. Clean up and repair issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
File Recovery Software
|Shadow Explorer||Restores lost or damaged files from Shadow Copies||Download (Free)|
|Photorec||Recovers lost files||Download (Free)|
|Recuva||Recovers lost files||Download (Free) | Buy|