ViewPlay (View Play), also known as ViewPlay ads, is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) for the Microsoft Windows Operating System and browser add-on and extension that connects to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. ViewPlay is sometimes referred to as potential malware and is primarily detected as adware by most security vendors.
ViewPlay adware can be used to collect user information that is then utilized to display targeted advertisements. ViewPlay ads generate in different forms, including generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads like Text Enhance, pop-under advertisements, and more.
ViewPlay may display pop-up ads that say something similar to Ads by ViewPlay or click to continue on them. Often these advertisements appear at the bottom of an open internet browser and can appear on most websites, as well as offline.
In some cases the ViewPlay program may install alongside third-party adware, browser hijackers, and spyware. This may cause unwanted browser start-ups and redirects, as unwanted home-pages and search engines may corrupt existing internet browser settings by use of additional browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, extensions, plugins, and Toolbars.
How does ViewPlay malware get onto a computer?
ViewPlay is not technically a computer virus or malware. This program primarily installs alongside freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com. Many programs may bundle with ViewPlay in order to monetize their free products and services; However, some users may claim that this program may have installed without their consent and knowledge.
In some cases, ViewPlay and other items may be installed by aggressive download managers that ignore the request to decline the installation of additional offers during the setup process of third-party freeware.
This program and others like it may also be manually and voluntarily installed by the user and is promoted as a free download with relations to media related capabilities.
How to remove ViewPlay virus
- Option 1: ViewPlay Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove ViewPlay malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove ViewPlay – This second option details how to manually uninstall ViewPlay and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. ViewPlay Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ViewPlay and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall ViewPlay adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ViewPlay and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for ViewPlay, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove ViewPlay
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall ViewPlay adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall ViewPlay
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for ViewPlay and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ViewPlay add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove ViewPlay add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ViewPlay extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ViewPlay add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ViewPlay add-on and remove it if located.