How to remove Video Songs Gizmos (Virus Removal Guide)
Video Songs Gizmos virus
Video Songs Gizmos by lyricsgizm is an advertisement supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware found in the adware category of computer and internet threats. Video Songs Gizmos is promoted as a free application that can be used to display lyrics on Windows desktop while an internet user is viewing online videos on websites such as YouTube.com.
Once installed, Video Songs Gizmos adware displays targeted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in a variety of different forms by accessing and collecting user information such as browser activity and history. The information is then administered to cast specific advertisements that may be relevant to the computer and internet user. Collected user information may also be distributed to third-party mailing lists; resulting in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and unwanted telephone calls.
Other issues concerning Video Songs Gizmos malware are in relations to the corruption of existing internet browser settings that cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups when a user boots a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
This program primarily bundles with third-party freeware distributed by websites such as Softonic.com. A user may be given the chance to accept an offer to install Video Songs Gizmos and other items during the setup process of third-party freeware; However, the request to decline the program is often ignored. This program also uses other means to infiltrate a Windows computer, including advertisements, torrents, email spam attachments, and more.
How to remove Video Songs Gizmos virus
- Option 1: Video Songs Gizmos Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Video Songs Gizmos malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Video Songs Gizmos – This second option details how to manually uninstall Video Songs Gizmos and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Video Songs Gizmos Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Video Songs Gizmos and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Video Songs Gizmos adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Video Songs Gizmos by lyricsgizm and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Video Songs Gizmos, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Video Songs Gizmos
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Video Songs Gizmos adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Video Songs Gizmos
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Video Songs Gizmos by lyricsgizm and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Video Songs Gizmos add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Video Songs Gizmos add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Video Songs Gizmos extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Video Songs Gizmos add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Video Songs Gizmos add-on and remove it if located.