How to remove the Video Downloader virus (Removal Guide)
Video Downloader virus
The Video Downloader virus (also referred to as the VideoDownloader virus, Video Download virus, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that utilizes aggressive marketing techniques in order to install itself onto a Microsoft Windows computer system and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once Video Downloader malware is installed, the ad-supported software will install third-party programs such as Trovi Toolbar and Social Privacy DNS (which corrupts proxy settings to restrict access to the internet), attempt to display targeted advertisements for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites, and will changes internet browser settings. This may cause browser redirects to search.conduit.com and other websites.
Video Downloader malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
The Video Downloader virus will allow third-party malware to infect a computer system if a user is not paying attention during the manual install process.
How does Video Downloader malware get onto a computer?
Video Downloader often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware, as well as torrents from websites such as download.com and thepiratebay. Video Downloader is also aggressively marketed through a serious of “looping” or redirecting websites that may install the software once a user lands on a certain page or clicks a button or suggest that the software is needed.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Video Downloader and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove Video Downloader virus
- Automatically remove Video Downloader virus – Scan for and automatically remove Video Downloader and third-party malware
- Manually remove Video Downloader virus – Remove/Uninstall Video Downloader and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Video Downloader virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Video Downloader malware and third-party parasites, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
If you need help give us a call!
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Video Downloader.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Video Downloader and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Video Downloader, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Video Downloader virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Video Downloader and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Video Downloader
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Video Downloader and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Video Downloader may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Video Downloader add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Video Downloader add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Video Downloader extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Video Downloader add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Video Downloader add-on and remove it if located.