Unfriend Review (also searched for as Unfriend Review virus) is a harmful and fraudulent Facebook application detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by most Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs. Unfriend Review is an advertisements-injector that injects the webpages you visit with deceptive targeted-style advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say Ads by Unfriend Review, Unfriend Review Ads, or brought by Unfriend Review on them. This program can also collect your data provided by Facebook and use your account to post on your behalf.
What is Unfriend Review?
Unfriend Review is typically promoted as a free Facebook application that can help you review when a friend unfriends you on Facebook. The program also claims to notify you when Facebook friends unfriend you on the social media website.
Potential Unfriend Review malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Unfriend Review are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
Unfriend Review adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Unfriend Review if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Unfriend Review and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Unfriend Review is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Unfriend Review adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Unfriend Review overview”]
- Unfriend Review adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Unfriend Review adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Unfriend Review adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Unfriend Review adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
This comprehensive Unfriend Review removal guide will help you remove Unfriend Review virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Unfriend Review on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Remove Unfriend Review (Virus Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall Unfriend Review
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Unfriend Review with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Unfriend Review
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Unfriend Review in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Unfriend Review to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Unfriend Review in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Unfriend Review extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Unfriend Review add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Unfriend Review extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Unfriend Review with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Unfriend Review” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Unfriend Review we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Unfriend Review.[/note]
Unfriend Review virus removal tips
- If you do not find Unfriend Review in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Unfriend Review you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411