What is TV Wizard?
TV Wizard by Small Island Development is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware associated with the adware classification of computer threats. Also referred to as the TV Wizard virus or tvwizard, though not technically a computer virus, this program is known to access and collect user information, change existing internet browser settings, display pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as cause browser redirects, and more.
Once TV Wizard is installed, an internet browser user will notice unwanted symptoms. This program has the permission to access and change browser settings, such as themes, bookmarks, and more, and can be used to collect browser activity, bookmarks, and history.
TV Wizard adware displays a wide variety of advertisements across multiple internet browsers. Most advertisements are identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by TV Wizard.”
This program, alike similar potential malware primarily installs alongside third-party freeware distributed by websites such as download.com. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install TV Wizard and other programs during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the request to deny the program is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the TV Wizard virus
- Option 1: TV Wizard Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove TV Wizard malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove TV Wizard – This second option details how to manually uninstall TV Wizard and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. TV Wizard Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove TV Wizard and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall TV Wizard adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall TV Wizard by Small Island Development and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for TV Wizard, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove TV Wizard
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall TV Wizard adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall TV Wizard
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for TV Wizard by Small Island Development and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove TV Wizard add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove TV Wizard add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TV Wizard extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the TV Wizard add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the TV Wizard add-on and remove it if located.