TuneJunkies is an adware type potentially unwanted program that is known to hijack your homepage, serach engine, and new tab settings in order to cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages and webpages that contain full page advertisements. The adware also generates very intrusive pop-up ads based off of your personal browsing data such as your browser history, bookmarks, and more. It uses the browsing data it collects about you to generate advertisements that specifically target you.
|Name||TuneJunkies, TuneJunkies virus, TuneJunkies New Tab|
|Detection Type||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as an online shopping assistant.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is TuneJunkies?
TuneJunkies is typically promoted as a free browser add-on and extension that allows you quick links to music and radio. Even if TuneJunkies does what it is supposed to do it can be a very big issue for many internet users.
Once TuneJunkies adware is contracted it will display intrusive ads on the internet and Windows desktop. Various user details may also be obtained from the adware to formulate ‘targeted’ advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. Details include your browser history, bookmarks, apps, and more.
The adware can also modify your homepage, default search engine, new tab setting, themes, apps, bookmarks, and more. This causes affected internet browsers to redirect to sponsored webpages when a new window or tab is opened, or a search is conducted in the address bar.
TuneJunkies Removal Steps
TuneJunkies can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove TuneJunkies and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall TuneJunkies from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall TuneJunkies and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find TuneJunkies installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for TuneJunkies, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select TuneJunkies with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled TuneJunkies look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove TuneJunkies add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a TuneJunkies attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove TuneJunkies from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TuneJunkies extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TuneJunkies add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TuneJunkies extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove TuneJunkies with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove TuneJunkies with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove TuneJunkies with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove TuneJunkies with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.