How to remove TicketXplorer (Virus Removal Guide)
TicketXplorer by MindSpark is an adware type browser extension that hijacks your homepage and serves advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers. The extension is not essentially considered malicious, but it may cause several issues and bundle with other unwanted programs and malware. TicketXplorer adware is ad-supported and/or supported by sponsored search results; it will generate unwanted advertisements in the browser, collect your browsing data, modify your settings, and cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages.
What is TicketXplorer?
TicketXplorer is promoted as a free browser toolbar that displays quick links to buy and sell tickets to movies, concerts, and other events. Even if TicketXplorer does what it is supposed to do, the user can be affected because of its data collection policy and changes to existing internet browser settings.
TicketXplorer Removal Steps
TicketXplorer can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove TicketXplorer and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall TicketXplorer from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall TicketXplorer and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find TicketXplorer installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for TicketXplorer and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select TicketXplorer with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled TicketXplorer look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove TicketXplorer attachments
Follow the instructions to remove TicketXplorer add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a TicketXplorer attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove TicketXplorer from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TicketXplorer extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TicketXplorer add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TicketXplorer extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove TicketXplorer with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove TicketXplorer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove TicketXplorer with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove TicketXplorer with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.