How to remove the Mynetcop.net virus (Removal Guide)
Mynetcop.net virus (ransomware)
The Mynetcop.net virus is a term for the effects of the browser-locking http://www.mynetcop.net website that is used to lock internet browsers. The Mynetcop.net virus is a term for the effects of the website. Mynetcop.net is alike malware identified as ransomware and is primarily used to lock Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Mac Safari internet browsers in order to extort money and scam individuals.
Affected internet browser redirect to and become locked by http://www.mynetcop.net where the browser window or webpage may fraudulently claim to contain a message from the Police, FBI, Department of Justice, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, UK police, or other authority.
The message often claims that the computer system or internet browser has become locked because the computer owner/user violated the law by distributing or viewing prohibited content. In order to unlock the computer system or affected internet browser, a penalty fine must be paid in a certain amount of time. The Mynetcop.net browser-lock window may state that a user must pay anywhere around$100 to $300, or more by use of online credit services and vouchers such as MoneyPak, Moneygram, UKash, and more in order to release the restriction. Please note, the claims made by the Mynetcop.net virus are false. DO NOT PAY THE FINE!
If a user tries to leave the mynetcop.net website a browser alert window or notification might appear that says:
YOUR BROWSER HAS BEEN BLOCKED UP FOR SAFETY REASONS.
ALL PC DATA WILL BE DETAINED.
ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED.
YOUR BROWSER HAS BEEN BLOCKED UP. Leave this page or Stay on this page.
This virus is very similar to the FBI virus we discovered in 2012.
This is a scam meant to scare victims into paying an unnecessary fine that can be contracted through several means. The Mynetcop can spread via email spam, compromised social media content, browser attachments, malicious advertisements, and more.
How to remove Mynetcop.net virus
- Automatically remove Mynetcop.net virus – Scan for and automatically remove Mynetcop.net ransomware
- Manually removeMynetcop.net virus – Remove/Uninstall Mynetcop and third-party malware if allowed
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Mynetcop.net virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Mynetcop.net and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Mynetcop.net related software if found.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “Mynetcop.”
4. To automatically uninstall Mynetcop.net software and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Mynetcop.net virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Mynetcop.net software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall Mynetcop.net
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Mynetcop related software and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.