How to remove SW-Booster (Virus Removal Guide)
SW-Booster (Software Booster) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware foundin the adware category of computer risks and threats. SW-Booster often bundles along third-party items and is primarily used to generate pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
SW-Booster advertisements are generated in a variety of different forms. The program first accesses and collects user information, such as browser activity and history, and then uses the information to target specific advertisements that may be relevant to the computer and internet user. Collected user information may also be distributed to third-party mailing and marketing lists; resulting in email spam, junk mail, and unwanted telephone calls.
Advertisements generated by this program and associated malware may be identified by text that says something similar to “Ads brought by SW-Booster.”
Other issues concerning SW-Booster malware are in relations to the corruption of existing internet browser settings that cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups when a user boots a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
How to remove the SW-Booster virus
- Option 1: SW-Booster Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove SW-Booster malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove SW-Booster – This second option details how to manually uninstall SW-Booster and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. SW-Booster Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SW-Booster and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SW-Booster adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SW-Booster and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SW-Booster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove SW-Booster
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SW-Booster adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall SW-Booster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SW-Booster and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove SW-Booster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove SW-Booster add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SW-Booster extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SW-Booster add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SW-Booster add-on and remove it if located.