The SupTab virus (Sup Tab, suptab.dll, suptab.exe) is a term sometimes used to identify a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the adware and browser hijacker categories of computer infections. This program is additionally detected as, or bundles with spyware. SupTab adware generates advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by use of Windows software such as a browser helper object (BHO), and browser attachments including add-ons and extensions.
Once potential SupTab malware is installed you may notice a notification from your internet browser that states SupTab wants to track your physical location or that your homepage may have been corrupted. This program will change existing browser settings, including the homepage and default search engine, and will also observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This information may also be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists.
If SupTab software is installed, a user will notice pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
This infection will also change the homepages and start pages of affected internet browsers, as well as browser shortcuts, tabs, and search engines. This causes internet browsers to boot-up on and redirect to unwanted websites such as V9.com.
The SupTab adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install SupTab software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove SupTab
- Option 1: SupTab Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove SupTab malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove SupTab – This second option details how to manually uninstall SupTab and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. SupTab Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SupTab and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SupTab adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SupTab and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SupTab, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove SupTab
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SupTab adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall SupTab
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SupTab and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove SupTab add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove SupTab add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SupTab extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SupTab add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SupTab add-on and remove it if located.