Supporter (also found as Supporter 1.80 by CostMin) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware and spyware categories of computer infections that has close associations with dangerous third-party malware. If Supporter 1.80 or other software is installed to your computer, you are at a very high risk of a severe computer infection.
Supporter by Costmin is essentially an advertisement serving platform and program used to severe targeted advertisements and provide support and updates for associated applications. Supporter 1.80 and similar titles primarily bundle with third-party programs and will download alongside the CostMin adware program.
Supporter malware is used to collect user information in order to generate pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and even on Windows Desktop while a user is offline. Advertisements displayed by this program may appear to be delivered from third-party applications such as RightCoupon and others.
Supporter malware utilizes browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions in order to affect popular internet browsers. These items usually have permission to access your data on all websites, access your tabs and browsing activity, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. This information may be used to provide targeted advertisements; However, the program may also submit collected data to third-party contractors, including malicious mailing and marketing lists.
Aside from unwanted pop-up advertisements, more mild symptoms include browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious search engine websites such as V9.com.
Supporter 1.80 and other titles are very dangerous. If this program is installed onto your computer, you are likely infected with a variety of threatening parasites including trojan horses.
How to remove the Supporter virus
- Option 1: Supporter Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Supporter malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Supporter – This second option details how to manually uninstall Supporter and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Supporter Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Supporter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Supporter adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Supporter (Supporter 1.80 published by Costmin) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Supporter, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Supporter
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Supporter adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall Supporter
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Supporter (Supporter 1.80 published by Costmin) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Supporter add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Supporter add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Supporter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Supporter add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Supporter add-on and remove it if located.