How to remove SuperLyrics (Removal Guide)
Pop-up ads by SuperLyrics (also searched for as SuperLyrics virus or Super Lyrics) are a growing issue and nuisance for many internet users. Fortunately, SuperLyrics has a very high detection ratio, which means that most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, such as Symantec Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware editions will detect and remove it.
What is SuperLyrics?
SuperLyrics is promoted as a free browser extension that generates lyrics for music you view online. If you visit YouTube a pop-up will appear with lyrics for the song you are viewing. However, the plugin is detected as adware because it generates pop-up ads across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. It can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone object. The adware is known to commonly bundle with other potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, malware, and malicious files. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove SuperLyrics if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
SuperLyrics adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements. The advertisements displayed by this adware usually say something similar to Ads by SuperLyrics, SuperLyrics Ads, or brought by SuperLyrics on them. SuperLyrics ads are defined as ‘targeted’ advertisements because they target people based off of their current and past browsing habits. In order to generate targeted style advertisements the adware will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, browser bookmarks, and more. The adware basically manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
This program is often referred to as the SuperLyrics virus, but it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Even though the “SuperLyrics virus” is not actually a computer virus it is still very similar to a computer virus and is a threat to your privacy. As previously stated it can also be the sign of a severe malware infection, as well as a computer virus issue. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove SuperLyrics if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, as well as to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive with the adware.
SuperLyrics and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. SuperLyrics is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that SuperLyrics adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove SuperLyrics (Virus Removal Guide)
This comprehensive SuperLyrics removal guide will help you remove SuperLyrics virus from your PC and get rid of ads by SuperLyrics.
- Step 1: Uninstall SuperLyrics
- Step 2: Remove SuperLyrics virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall SuperLyrics
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for SuperLyrics in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click SuperLyrics to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find SuperLyrics in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SuperLyrics extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the SuperLyrics add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the SuperLyrics extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Remove SuperLyrics virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “SuperLyrics” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing SuperLyrics we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove SuperLyrics.[/note]
SuperLyrics virus removal tips
- If you do not find SuperLyrics in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing SuperLyrics you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411