Study Search Window is a browser hijacker in the Adware.BrowseFox family that modifies your browser’s existing browser settings and displays advertisements in your browser window. The program will replace your homepage, new tab page, and default search engine with searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net in order to redirect you to unwanted webpages and sponsored search results. In addition, the program will install several ad-serving browser addons and extensions that inject advertisements into the web pages you view online.
Study Search Window will display advertisements above search results on legitimate websites like Google or Yahoo. Advertisements displayed by this program usually say Study Search Window Ads or Related Search by Study Search Window on them.
If you notice Study Search Window ads in your browser it is recommended to remove Study Search Window immediately to keep your information secure and to locate other threats that may have arrived on your computer system. The reason for this is because Study Search Window is known to bundle with third-party threats including malware.
Study Search Window Distribution Method
Study Search Window adware typically bundles with other programs that are downloaded by the user with out without consent. This usually happens if you download a program or file from a questionable distributor. Downloading items online such as freeware and torrent files will result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious site will lead to infection.
If the computer user has recently downloaded a malicious program, Study Search Window adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without permission or knowledge of the user. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Study Search Window may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Study Search Window Details
|Names||Study Search Window, Study Search Window virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Study Search Window (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.