Strong Vault virus
The Strong Vault virus (strongvault virus) is potential malware (or a PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. Strong Vault is as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension that installs to a Microsoft Windows Machine and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer without direct user consent. The Strong Vault program may do this in order to serve targeted advertisements, which in return may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Strong Vault malware is installed, it will being to collect user information and will display target advertisements for searched items or currently viewed websites and products on retail websites. The adware program may use your browser history, browsing habits, and more in order to display what it thinks are relevant advertisements.
Strong Vault advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by Strong Vault” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Strong Vault” on them.
How does Strong Vault malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Strong Vault software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the Strong Vault virus
- Automatically remove Strong Vault virus – Scan for and automatically remove Strong Vault and third-party malware
- Manually remove Strong Vault virus – Remove/Uninstall Strong Vault and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Strong Vault virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Strong Vault and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Strong Vault adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Strong Vault and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Strong Vault, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Strong Vault virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Strong Vault and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Strong Vault
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Strong Vault and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Strong Vault may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Strong Vault add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Strong Vault add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Strong Vault extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Strong Vault add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Strong Vault add-on and remove it if located.